🔹 *West Bengal SSC History syllabus (classes lX and X)* 🔹
- 1. Feature of the Indus valley civilization
- decline of the Indus valley civilization
- the Vedic civilization
Sodas’s mahajanapadas Buddhism and Jainism,
- therise of the fall of Maurya empire: Ashoka’s Dhamma,
- Imperial Guptas
Palas and Senas of Bengal.
2. The establishment of the Delhi sultanate,
- The slave dynasty, the khilji and tughlaq rulers,
- the administrative structure under the sultanate,
- the vijayanagar empire.
3. This integration of the sultanate,
- Babar – the importance of his reason of India,
- Mughal – Afghan contest and Sher shah Suri,
- Consolidation of the Mughal empire under Akbar ,
- Territorial expansion under Akbar.
4. An overview of the reigns of jahangir and shahjahan,
- Aurangzeb expansionist policies, conflict with Marathas,
- Shivaji – Aurangzeb and disintegration of the Mughal empire.
5. Battle of policy and buxer and the
Establishment of the company’s rule in Bengal,
the transfer of Diwani and and its impact in Bengal,
British expansion: Mysore and Maharashtra,
subsidiary alliance, the doctrine of lapse,annexation of the Punjab
- 6. Only registered to the British rule Wahabi and Farazi movements,
- Santal Rebeilion, the revolt of 1857; Western Education and social reform – Rammohan Ray, Young Bengal and Vidyasagar: early stages of Indian nationalism, pre- Congress association – foundation of the Congress – the nature of the early Congress.
7. The rise of extremism in Indian politics,Anti partition and swadeshi movement: Gandhi and Indian nationalism – Non co-operation, Quit India movement: Muslim league and the demand for Pakistan – partition and independence.
8. The French revolution of 1789, the Reign of Terror: Robespierre, the rise of Napoleon Bonaparte, Napoleon internal reconstruction,Napoleon and Europe: expansion and collapse of the napoleonic empire.
9. The Vienna Congress 1815, the system the revolution of 1830 to 1848 : the unification of Germany and Italy.
- 10. Colonialism and the scramble for Africa, Germany Welt Politik, Triple alliance and Triple Entente, the origins of the first World War, Peace settlement of 1919.